Monday, August 06, 2007

Our Weekend

Well, once again I forgot to take my camera when we went out of town this past weekend. We left on Thursday to visit John's sister and her family in Alabama. I realized I had left my camera when I had the brilliant idea to do a "Only in Alabama" blog post with pics of things you would only see in Alabama--including a toilet with flowers planted in it and a street sign which read "Do not pass if solid yellow line is to right of dotted yellow line". That was seriously a road sign we passed while traveling!!!! Maybe next time.
We arrived in Alabama around supper time on Friday, just in time to go to The General's for supper. They have the best cheese balls ever!!!
When we got back to their house, JohnJohn lost his first tooth!!!! He looks so cute!! I will take a picture of him when I get home tonight and post it. (All the pics we took this weekend are on my BIL's camera)
On Friday morning we went to a Catfish Farm near their house. We had a great time despite the fact that it was 100* (at least!) I have to tell, though, that I caught the biggest catfish of the day.
On Saturday morning we went to Santuck which is a little town near by. One Saturday of the month they have a "Flea market". It is really more like a yard sale on steroids!! It is unbelievable all the stuff there. Aunt Becca bought John and Sam a pet turtle while we were there. His name is Journey. (Have no idea why, John John named him) I will try to add a pic of him tonight too. He is pretty cute,as turtles go!!!
On Sunday we visited their church to see Gracie be baptized. We are all really proud of Gracie. After church we grabbed some lunch and headed on our loooong journey home. We made it home around 6:30. About 3/4 of the way home JohnJohn started crying because he missed his cousins. Sam said he missed his "butt in my chair at home". That Sam is really something!!
The next few weeks will be big for us at John Will be starting Kindergarten. I will let you know how that goes!!!

No comments: